Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi there!

Wow - second post within a week! I hope I'm not raising your expectations - LOL!

Anyway, thought I would showcase some more cards that I have done for the latest challenge on A Passion with Papertrey!


These cards are variants on a theme for some that I made to sell at work over the last couple of weeks. (In order to help fund my love of card making I sell cards on behalf of a charity that has special meaning for me -
The Eve Appeal. I keep the proceeds of the cost of making the cards to help fund more crafty stash and then any profit goes to The Eve Appeal. Over the last 5 years I have managed to raise over £1,000 for the charity - just by selling cards to family, friends, friends of friends, co-workers, neighbours as well as occasionally attending local craft events.)

As Red is The Eve Appeal's colour and a heart is incorporated into their logo, I think these cards are very appropriate! March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, so next month I hope to hold an open house as part of the Eve Appeal and Ovacome's "Make Time for Tea" campaign - even though I don't personally drink tea -LOL!

Anyway, this is the first card which showcases a CAS style.



This second one is very similar to the ones I made for work (although I have added the strip of white hearts to this one which makes it much better I think). This one then got me thinking and I am came up with the other cards.




The final card was done using a masking technique to get the white heart "border".

Card Recipe
Stamps: PTI Simple Valentine, PTI Background Basics: Hearts
Cardstock: PTI Kraft
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow, Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy, Ancient Page Coal Black
Accessories/Tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Signo uni-ball white gel pen, SU stampin dimensionals, Muji black double tipped marker pen

Thanks for stopping by!


A la prochaine! AmitiƩs!

Nicole

4 comments:

  1. Oooh these are gorgeous and so sweet! I love the CAS style of them all and a great use of your corner chomper!
    Well done on raising so much for such a worthy cause!
    Thanks also for entering our challenge too!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of kraft and the CAS design. Very cute. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these Nicole - hard to choose a favourite!

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message - it is really appreciated Nx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails