Friday 12 March 2010

Mother's Day Cards

This Sunday will be Mothering Sunday in the UK so I have been busy making Mother's Day cards to sell at work and thought I would show you just three of them here. The first one is a variation on the card I did in my first post. I have kept the design and layout the same but have used different colours - this is much more my style! In fact this was quickly snapped up by my boss for her mother-in-law (or more accurately she bought it for her husband to give to his mother - hopefully you can see the distinction!).

Card Recipe
Stamps: Clarity Stamp Leafy Swirl H, Impression Obsession Happy Mother's Day, Hero Arts Long Writing Background
Cardstock: SU Whisper White, PTI Enchanted Evening, PTI Ripe Avocado
Ink: PTI Ripe Avocado, Encore Silver
Accessories/Tools: Clear embossing powder, SU scallop border punch, SU Scallop circle punch, SU Certainly Celery twill ribbon, Papermania brad


This second card is a variation on the black & white card in the previous post (although truth be told its actually the other way round - the black & white card is a variation on this one!)


Card Recipe
Stamps: PTI Turning a New Leaf, Impression Obsession Happy Mother's Day
Cardstock: SU Whisper White, SU
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow, Versamark
Accessories/Tools: SU Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, white embossing powder, Basic Grey opaline adhesive pearls

This third card is a variation on cards I have made and sold at other craft events. I love the CAS style on this!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Impression Obsession Mother's Day greeting
Cardstock: SU Very Vanilla
Ink: Brilliance pearlescent ivy
Accessories/Tools: SU Certainly Celery twill ribbon, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, flowers from stash


You will see from the 3 cards displayed in this post that unfortunately I only have one Mother's Day greeting stamp but by using my SU Stamp-a-ma-jig I have been able to get quite a lot of use from it!

It only remains for me to make a card for my own mother for Sunday - and as she has seen all these (in her capacity of "design consultant" - ie: she gives me her feedback on my designs) I need to come up with something else!

A la prochaine! AmitiƩs!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message - it is really appreciated Nx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails