Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mothering Sunday here in the UK today so just a quick post to show the card I made for my own mother.  The card was inspired by one that I did as a make & take at my last workshop:


Card Recipe
Paper/Cardstock: SU Whisper White, SU Concord Crush, SU Pear Pizzazz
Ink: SU Basic Gray, SU Old Olive marker, SU Perfect Plum marker, SU Wisteria Wonder marker
Stamps: SU Charming, SU Teeny Tiny Wishes
Tools/Accessories: SU Textured Impressions Designer Frames, SU Extra Large Oval punch, SU Concord Crush stitched poly ribbon, SU Stampin' Dimensionals

In the original version I had used SU's Pear Pizzazz seam binding, but my hostess used the gorgeous Concord Crush ribbon I had brought as an alternative and I thought this worked even better!  Isn't great how you can get different ideas?


To celebrate this special day I treated my mother to a lovely roast beef lunch at a restaurant near the river.  Most of the day the weather had been quite dismal, but as we left we discovered it had finally stopped raining so we decided to go for a walk along the river.  This is something that I don't do so often as I should - when I was a child this was a regular family event on Sunday afternoons, so the walk today brought back fond memories for us both.


A la prochaine! Amitiés!

Nicole

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Nicole, i'm sure your mum really appreciated it, hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Nicole! I do love that Charming floral image and it fits perfectly into the frame. You sound as if you had a lovely mother's day celebrating with your mum. Thanks for coming to visit my blog, it's lovely to hear from you. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card! I'm really going to miss Concord Crush - my favorite of that set of In Colors!!!!

    Your luncheon and walk sounds like a perfect way to spend ANY day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole- I love your blog and would like to nominate you for a liebster blog award. I have emailed you some more details. Love Lynney x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message - it is really appreciated Nx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails