Friday 20 June 2014

Inspired By ....

No Fast Friday this week, instead today is the start of an occasional series called "Inspired By". I was inspired (pun intended!) by Kristina Werner's recent project when her inspiration was a duvet cover. I thought this was a clever idea and then looked at the skirt I was wearing and thought this would make the good basis for a card. So without further ado here is my card.....


Stampin' Dimensionals and the raised punched Petite Petals are very useful to cover up any less than perfect stamping (what moi?!)


I have used a number of techniques - including creating a stencil from a negative die cut and sponging the resulting image. I also used post-it notes to create masks when layering the stamped flowers over one another.


And here is the pattern from the skirt that inspired it all! What do you think?


To make this project you will need:

Cardstock/Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush  Stamps: Secret Garden (retiring), Banner Greetings (Hostess 2013/14 retiring), Petite Petals  Ink: Smoky Slate, Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi, Summer Starfruit marker (retiring), Pool Party, Black Stazon  Tools/Accessories: Secret Garden Framelits (retiring), Petite Petals Punch, Little Leaves Sizzlets (retiring), Stampin' Dimensionals, White Chalk marker


I have used the Secret Garden stamp set and coordinating framelits which are both on the retiring list so grab them whilst you can as some items on the list have already sold out (eg: the Little Leaves sizzlet which I have also used to create a mask to sponge the outline of the leaves on the card). You can order from my online shop 24/7 or if you prefer contact me directly.

I will be back with a Fast Friday card next week.

A la prochaine! AmitiƩs!

Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card like the stencil idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Nicole ... such a wonderful riot of summer colour and beautiful blooms! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message - it is really appreciated Nx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails